Jeon Do Yeon is a South Korean actress. She was born on February 11, 1973, in Changwon, South Gyeongsang Province, South Korea. Jeon has won numerous awards for her performances in film and television, including the Best Actress award at the Cannes Film Festival in 2007 for her role in the film “Secret Sunshine.”
Jeon began her career in the entertainment industry as a fashion model and made her acting debut in the television drama “Our Heaven” in 1993. She gained critical acclaim for her performances in the films “The Harmonium in My Memory” (1999) and “I Wish I Had a Wife” (2001), and has since appeared in many other notable films such as “Happy End” (1999), “You Are My Sunshine” (2005), and “The Housemaid” (2010).
Jeon is known for her ability to portray complex characters with emotional depth and has been widely recognized as one of the most talented actresses in South Korea.
Jeon Do-Yeon’s Family and Husband (Daughter)
Jeon Do Yeon grew up in a middle-class family in Changwon, South Gyeongsang Province, South Korea. she has an older brother who works as a chef in a restaurant. In 2007, Jeon herself married Kang Shi-kyu, a businessman, and the couple has a daughter together. They got married in 2007 after a year of dating. She has mentioned in interviews that her family has been supportive of her career in the entertainment industry and that they are proud of her achievements
Jeon Do Yeon Movies and Awards
Jeon Do Yeon 50 years old an old South Korean actress who has appeared in numerous movies and television dramas. She is known for her versatile acting skills and has won many awards throughout her career. Here are some of her notable movies and awards:
- The Contact (1997)
- Happy End (1999)
- The Harmonium in My Memory (1999)
- I Wish I Had a Wife (2001)
- My Mother, the Mermaid (2004)
- You Are My Sunshine (2005)
- Secret Sunshine (2007)
- The Housemaid (2010)
- Way Back Home (2013)
- Memories of the Sword (2015)
- The Shameless (2015)
- Birthday (2019)
Jeon Do Yeon is a highly acclaimed South Korean actress who has received numerous awards for her performances in films and television dramas. Here is the list of some of her awards:
- Best Actress at the Blue Dragon Film Awards (1999) – for her performance in “The Harmonium in My Memory.”
- Best Actress at the Korean Association of Film Critics Awards (1999) – for her role in “Happy End.”
- Best Actress at the Korean Film Awards (2004) – for her performance in “My Mother, the Mermaid.”
- Best Actress at the Cannes Film Festival (2007) – for her role in “Secret Sunshine.” This was the first time a South Korean actress won the top acting award at Cannes.
- Best Actress at the Asian Film Awards (2010) – for her performance in “The Housemaid.”
- Actress of the Year at the Korean Film Awards (2011) – for her role in “The Housemaid.”
- Best Actress at the Asian Film Awards (2016) – for her performance in “The Shameless.”
- Order of Cultural Merit (2018) – awarded by the South Korean government for her contributions to the arts.
Jeon Do Yeon’s performances have been widely acclaimed by audiences and critics alike, and she is considered one of the most talented actresses in South Korea.
Jeon Do-Yeon’s early career was marked with small roles in various television dramas and films. However, her breakthrough role came in the 1999 film “The Harmonium in My Memory,” which earned her critical acclaim and several awards, including the Best Actress Award at the Korean Association of Film Critics Awards.
Jeon Do-Yeon’s career continued to grow with her roles in numerous successful films and TV dramas such as “I Wish I Had a Wife,” “Untold Scandal,” and “My Mother, the Mermaid.” However, it was her role in the 2007 film “Secret Sunshine” that solidified her reputation as one of the best actresses in South Korea. Her portrayal of a grieving mother earned her several awards, including the Best Actress Award at the Cannes Film Festival, making her the first Korean actor to win an award at Cannes.
Jeon Do-Yeon’s other notable works include “The Housemaid,” “The Shameless,” and “The Good Wife.” She has received numerous awards for her performances, including the Grand Bell Award for Best Actress and the Blue Dragon Film Award for Best Actress.
In addition to her acting career, Jeon Do-Yeon has also served as a goodwill ambassador for various organizations, including the United Nations Development Programme and the Korean Culture and Information Service.
Wiki Details (Age, Height, Young)
|Full Name||Jeon Do Yeon|
|Birth Place||Seoul, South Korea.|
|Age||50 years old|
|Birthday||February 11, 1973|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|School||Bukgajwa Elementary School.|
Yeonhee Girls Middle School.
Changduk Girls High School.
|College||Seoul Institute of the Arts.|
Frequently Asked Questions about Jeon Do-Yeon
What is the age of Jeon Do-Yeon?
Jeon Do-Yeon is 50 years old.
Who is the husband of Jeon Do-Yeon?
Kang Shi-kyu, a businessman is the husband of Jeon Do-Yeon.